Kaleidoscope is pretty confused now and then so you can let it go or perhaps can spend some time reading this.
The budget reflects: NEOLIBERAL AGENDA
- a reduction in public distribution system,
- private participation in agriculture sector like never before,
- little increase in allocation at sectors like agriculture and irrigation,
- foodstuffs stocking is not a priority which indicates lack of positive attitude towards price rise,
- Tax concession for middle class
(see Frontline March 26, 2010)
Now the difficult and 'should not say' section: OPERATION GREEN HUNT
Moment from Operation Green hunt
- Over 40,000 paramilitary troops and policeman
- Challenges like Human Rights violation is not addressed.
- Issues of killing of innocent people (From a Few at The Hindu to 30 to 40 per Week at The Frontline)
- Issues of identifying REAL Naxals and villagers
- Issues of real problems at the real context
Precursor of Operation Green Hunt (http://indianvanguard.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/chhattisgarh-groups-plan-opposition-to-operation-green-hunt/)
ADDING THE TWO
Neoliberal budget and continuation of Corporate hegemony
Invasion to tribal land where minerals and valuable resources rest. yet to be captured and capitalise.
So its Kaleidoscope's confusion - Are we ready to evacuate 'them' (Naxalite tribals!) from their homeland and start capitalise 'our' resources?
Just a fancy thought because LOK SABHA ELECTIONS ARE FOUR YEARS AWAY and LEFTS ARE LEFT OUT!
Sites which made Kaleidoscope confused: